If I could, I would leave them a negative number of stars for review.
In a nutshell: THEIR SERVICE IS SO BAD THEY REFUSE TO GIVE OUT THE FULL NAMES OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES OR THE SUPERVISORS IN CHARGE. They will bend over backwards to get you to sign with them but once you do, good luck. Every time you call customer service, it's at least an hour (only a few seconds to get to the salesperson trying to sell you their BS though). They flat out lie about taking care of your roof. The savings they promise are not nearly as good as what they claim. Their contract also comes with an ARBITRATION CLAUSE like most companies do nowadays so be aware.
Long story: We got their solar panels about a year or so ago since we wanted to have some energy savings and did not want the hassle of installing solar panels that we own. No hassle and supposedly a significant energy savings, right? Well, the energy savings has been less than what was promised but at least having the panels has not been a headache... Or so we thought.
Let me just say that when the pitched their services, they made it seem like any and all issues that might arise from having the panels installed would be covered and fixed by them and any damage to our roof would be taken care of by them no problem. Total crock of lies and false advertising.
They have the worst customer service. It's so bad they won't even give out the names of the people we spoke with or their supervisors. I have NEVER encountered a company that was that blatant about not owning up to their problems.
We called them several weeks ago because we noticed that pigeons were roosting under one of the panels they installed. They sent a technician to look at it finally. He climbed our roof and took pictures and said "I'll show this to my boss and they should contact you about what they are going to do about it." Of course, here we are thinking that they would honor their part of the contract which states that they will take care of any problem that arises from their solar panel including the protection of the integrity of our roof. So we wait to hear from them and a week goes by, another week goes by so we finally called them to find out what they were going to do about the problem.
After claiming that their company does not fix the problem and me insisting on talking to the supervisor that the guy they sent out to look at our roof supposedly showed the pictures to, I get to this guy named Fosita from "sweeps (sp?) assistance" who looked into it and said their mysterious supervisor never got the pictures. This after over a month of waiting for their response. He promises to send an email to his supervisor and that we would hear from them in 24 hours. A week goes by. We call again and after being placed on hold for nearly an hour, another guy, Brad, profusely apologizes and says it will get taken care of and makes it seem like they will actually take care of the problem and that they will e-mail us paper work for us to sign. We get it a few days later and the e-mail contains a quote for $800 from a pest control company. Nowhere on it does it say that Vivint will actually pay for it like they made it sound like they would on the phone. So we called again. Got the run around claiming it would have to go through their mysterious supervisor and that we would get a call back. No call. We call again a week later and basically after all this time and runaround, if we want to have anything done about the pigeon problem on our roof, we would have to pay for it ourselves.
So whatever you do, don't sign up with them. They not only won't own up to all the things they claim they will do, they aren't even brave enough to put their names out there and claim ownership of their decisions.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Worst customer service
You May Also Like
- "Clearview representatives were 3 times to my house and the three told him I was not interested and very upset third man told me that he was the supervisor who..."
- "On August 29th 2014 I bought $125 of K-1 Kerosene for my indoor Kerosene heaters to start getting ready for winter.I had just put new wicks in my 3 heaters..."
- "I mistakenly signed up for North American Power for both electric and gas, enticed by their low intro rates. Next thing I know, my gas bill is up to..."
- "I took my dog to be groomed at Petco. She ended up getting Mange from their instruments. Hours after coming home from being groomed, my dog began itching and scratching..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."
- "eCycle Best is eCycle ***! $303 estimate on website for eCycle Best - CahForIphone site. About $20-$25 above rest of companies. Amost perfect IPhone5S with highest memory possible! Only paid $48..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."