Vivint Solar - Awful customer service. Will lie to get you to sign with them.
If I could, I would leave them a negative number of stars for review.
In a nutshell: THEIR SERVICE IS SO BAD THEY REFUSE TO GIVE OUT THE FULL NAMES OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES OR THE SUPERVISORS IN CHARGE. They will bend over backwards to get you to sign with them but once you do, good luck. Every time you call customer service, it's at least an hour (only a few seconds to get to the salesperson trying to sell you their BS though). They flat out lie about taking care of your roof. The savings they promise are not nearly as good as what they claim. Their contract also comes with an ARBITRATION CLAUSE like most companies do nowadays so be aware.
Long story: We got their solar panels about a year or so ago since we wanted to have some energy savings and did not want the hassle of installing solar panels that we own. No hassle and supposedly a significant energy savings, right? Well, the energy savings has been less than what was promised but at least having the panels has not been a headache... Or so we thought.
Let me just say that when the pitched their services, they made it seem like any and all issues that might arise from having the panels installed would be covered and fixed by them and any damage to our roof would be taken care of by them no problem. Total crock of lies and false advertising.
They have the worst customer service. It's so bad they won't even give out the names of the people we spoke with or their supervisors. I have NEVER encountered a company that was that blatant about not owning up to their problems.
We called them several weeks ago because we noticed that pigeons were roosting under one of the panels they installed. They sent a technician to look at it finally. He climbed our roof and took pictures and said "I'll show this to my boss and they should contact you about what they are going to do about it." Of course, here we are thinking that they would honor their part of the contract which states that they will take care of any problem that arises from their solar panel including the protection of the integrity of our roof. So we wait to hear from them and a week goes by, another week goes by so we finally called them to find out what they were going to do about the problem.
After claiming that their company does not fix the problem and me insisting on talking to the supervisor that the guy they sent out to look at our roof supposedly showed the pictures to, I get to this guy named Fosita from "sweeps (sp?) assistance" who looked into it and said their mysterious supervisor never got the pictures. This after over a month of waiting for their response. He promises to send an email to his supervisor and that we would hear from them in 24 hours. A week goes by. We call again and after being placed on hold for nearly an hour, another guy, Brad, profusely apologizes and says it will get taken care of and makes it seem like they will actually take care of the problem and that they will e-mail us paper work for us to sign. We get it a few days later and the e-mail contains a quote for $800 from a pest control company. Nowhere on it does it say that Vivint will actually pay for it like they made it sound like they would on the phone. So we called again. Got the run around claiming it would have to go through their mysterious supervisor and that we would get a call back. No call. We call again a week later and basically after all this time and runaround, if we want to have anything done about the pigeon problem on our roof, we would have to pay for it ourselves.
So whatever you do, don't sign up with them. They not only won't own up to all the things they claim they will do, they aren't even brave enough to put their names out there and claim ownership of their decisions.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- False advertising
- Worst customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have purchased a unit Missouri Wind and Solar. I put this in my system as directed by Missouri Wind and Solar. It worked for over 6 months,..."
- "Looking for a no cog low wind startup wind turbine generator for your residential roof top install? Look at this! http://www.mwands.com/pdf_files/legal/ I saved my money, shopped eBay and bought the Thermodyne Systems Windgeneering..."
- "We have 6.5 wooded acres, that has a R.O.W., Right of Way, from our local electric company (Orange & Rockland Utilities) over our property! There are three big electric..."
- "I Shashikant bhange had bought Skechers shoe go walk 3 on 16/03/2016 from Inc 5 store in Vimannagar pune.I used another spare shoes in rainy months. After that I used..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "Went to Lowes, brought home a few boxes of the Pergo Max Lam Flooring to test out and decide on a color - the sales person said I could return..."
- "putting out the word about Best Bully /Goon Squad all over the internet! Twitter, Face book, Consumer report, FTC, BBB, on and on! Bought a computer from Best Buy for..."
- "I ordered three heavy ceramic mugs, Fiesta Ware, and all three arrived shattered. They were packed SO poorly with very tiny and sparse bubble wrap that how they arrived was..."